SUNDAY MORNING BANANA BREAD RECIPE
For some reason or another I can't think of a better day than to bake on a rainy Sunday. That's exactly how this banana bread came to life. One of my favorite things my Mum made for us when I was younger was banana nut bread. I'll always remember how she would make it on a cold day and serve it hot with butter. Just thinking about it makes me want it! (Trussardi ate most all of this batch the day it was made!) Now that I'm older I've discovered my own recipe and have modified it to my personal liking. Below is the banana nut bread recipe I call my own but is inspired (derived from) GeniusKitchen.com
If you guys decide to try to make it let me know in the comments below! I would love to know how you tweek the recipe to make it your own :)
Made with love by Nikki
NIKKI'S EASY BANANA BREAD RECIPE
- 1/2 cup butter (soften beforehand)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 bananas (completely mashed up)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (I always add a tiny bit more)
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon (or as much as you feel like)
- optional: add a handful of chopped walnuts!
- Check your oven for any dishes (you don't want any accidents!)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F / 180° C
- Mash the bananas until you can't any longer. (reference the photos)
- Cream together the butter and the sugar.
- Combine the eggs and banana with the butter and sugar.
- Now sift together all the dry ingredients, including the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Then toss in that vanilla!
- Mix all the ingrediants together well, but not too much.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350º / 180º for 55 minutes.